emCrypt - Cryptographical Library
The Crypto-Library emCrypt provides the building blocks for today's secure protocols. Security has never been so important with the explosion of embedded devices that are now connected to the Internet. emCrypt has proven itself within SEGGER and is the foundation that emSSL, emSSH and emSecure-RSA, emSecure-ECDSA are built upon.
Why should I use emCrypt?
- emCrypt offers a wide range of cryptographic capabilities that are the basis of many security protocols.
- emCrypt can be configured for minimal memory footprint of constrained devices but can also scale to faster performance on systems that have more resources.
- emCrypt is a high-quality product, designed to be used easily but without limitations.
- emCrypt is not covered by an open-source or required-attribution license and can be integrated in any free, commercial, or proprietary product without the obligation to disclose the combined source.
- emCrypt is provided as source code and offers transparency for all included modules, allowing inspection by auditors.
- emCrypt is portable. The complete software is written in ANSI C and is compiler as well as target independent. It can be implemented in PC applications and in embedded designs.
- emCrypt is configurable. It is created for high performance and a low memory footprint. The library can be configured for size or speed. Unused features can be excluded, additional features can easily be added.
- emCrypt supports pluggable cryptographic algorithms and hardware acceleration. Hardware acceleration for popular microcontrollers is available as an option.