Portable Flash Programmer for on-chip and external flash memory.
Flasher Portable is a programming tool for microcontrollers with on-chip and/or external flash memory. It has been designed to fill the need of an extremely portable, production grade flash programmer used
for in-field firmware updates. No need to be tethered to an outlet, it is powered by standard batteries.
Initial setup/preparation for stand-alone mode operation is done via the J-Flash software, also used by other Flasher models, which requires a PC running Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Flasher portable also supports having multiple configurations/image files stored on the Flasher, so one unit can be used for different targets. Proper image selection is done by simply clicking a button. The currently selected image is indicated via LEDs.
Adapters for all common connections are available which may be used to do everything from fully electrically isolating the Flasher Portable from the target device, to remapping the pins and reducing the pitch and/or pins to the target header.
- Stand-alone in-circuit-programmer (Once set up, Flasher can be controlled without the use of a PC program)
- Powered by 3 standard AAA batteries (no external power supply required)
- Supports having multiple configurations/data files being stored on Flasher
- Push button allows easy selection between multiple images/configurations stored on Flasher
- 128 MB internal memory for configuration and data file storage
- Supports ARM, Cortex, PowerPC and Renesas RX cores. For a complete list, please click here
- Supports internal and external flash devices
- Free software updates*, 1 year of support
- Data files can be updated via mass storage or via J-Flash
- Target interface: JTAG / SWD / FINE / SPD
- Programming speed typically between 30 KB/second and 1 MByte/second. Max. programming speed highly depends on target hardware and max. programming speed of the flash itself**
- Authorized Flashing allows to limit the number of flash programming cycles and to protect the Flasher against non-authorized access in case of external production
*As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER Flasher, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, Segger reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, Segger support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.
**Actual programming speed depends on flash & target hardware.
For more information regarding the Segger Flasher Portable please contact Glenn Moloney