The early phase of a new project is a phase where a lot of time can be gained.. or lost. Certainly when new projects are started using a new processor architecture, new debugging tools, a new RTOS, new test tools or an improved development methodology like a switch to Model-Driven Development.
It is not without reason our company name is short for INtegrated DEvelopment Solutions. We have a lot of experience with the products we offer as well is the installation and its use. Next to that we can also assist in porting Real-Time Operating Systems and even development of Device Drivers for you. Such tasks happen early in the project when experience with the new tools is still not there. Next to that these tasks can prove a bottleneck in your new project.
Our KickStart service is not meant to take away such task, but to work closely together with you on-site in the first phase, learning you how to accomplish these tasks yourself by showing how to do it.
Our Kickstart Package varies for every project, but can include services like :
- Installation of the new development Tools
- Integration with excisting development environment
- Setting up the RTOS build files and generate a first "Hello World"
- Setting up Device Drivers for the Target and run first code
- Setting up Target-level debugging
- On-site assistance on Device Driver implementation
- Demonstration of the resulting Development environment
Of course this is usually combined with other services we offer like an on-site product training. It is also not unusuall that our application engineerstays on-site for one or two weeks acting as an internal 'expert-resource' that assist the development team in this early phase.